The Power of New

Hello Mosth-royals,

We all have individualities when it comes to happiness, what rocks my boat might certainly not rock yours. But one thing that i've come to learn, that is ubiquitous but often overlooked by most of us is the idea of newness. Our brains and minds are conditioned to tag anything or persons associated with new as good. Personally I feel the word new should have a biological connotation because I feel an unusual set of emotions whenever I meet someone or acquire something new. Its exhilarating, it has that new car vibe, its different, its almost like someone flipped the page in the story of my life.

So about a month ago, I met someone new, although we'd exchanged some messages over the phone, spoken a couple of times but to me none could measure up to the traditional face to face meetings. It was up-close- and personal. It was a business meeting turn casual. We sat across each other on a table for two with the wall creating a border at one end. She was tall, pleasant, elegant, in one word an eye-candy, had me a sugar rush.

As the conversation progressed I had this I can walk on water feeling, a nuclear blast could have happened at that very moment and I wouldn’t have budged. I hadn't been out in weeks, talk much less of on any form of a date, I hadn’t meet someone new outside the work place, I had worked on a business development plan before. So I was literally immersed in a pool of newness and the feeling was narcotic.

We all get to that point in life where we feel our lives are on a loop, like dear heavenly DJ you can skip the track now. Or sometimes we get frustrated by everything around us we cant really place a finger on the cause and nothing seems to provide that happiness we so much desire. Well I bring you good tidings. Search for newness, it’s a panacea to all life's problems. Go somewhere new, meet someone new from a dating site perhaps (even if it turns out to be a bad slothful/lustful decision), do something new, and I promise you’ll feel like you just got a new lease on life.

Get a pet if you feel you have a better connection with animals, or just trying to improve on your animal whispering skills. Join an art class, you could be the modern day Picasso or van Gogh. Get a power-bike with safety gear of course or jump out a plane, do not forget life insurance and please sign an organ donation form.
Whichever path you choose to newness would clear out the old desk memories, and give a whiff of fresh air and a burst of tingling emotions that essentially would make you feel alive.

Remember, life is what we make it, and it is your choice and prerogative to make it your new (Never Ending Wonders) everyday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Privilege and a Miracle

Know me, don't ask me to tell you.

COMFORT ZONE; WHY NOT?